WHO IS "G SMOOTH" ANYWAY?

"G Smooth" is a Southern Baptist Pastor who wears Crocs to church, officiates weddings without socks, and dares go to DISNEYWORLD (even during SBC's Prohibition Years, haha) on vacation...has been married to Angie for 11 years...still thinks guys like Larry Bird and Pistol Pete were better basketball players than any guys in the modern era...and has been a BIG ORANGE fan since we whipped Miami's butts in the '86 Sugar Bowl, baby!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I DON'T GIVE A...

Yeah, I figured the title would get your attention, haha.  Don't worry, I was only going to say, "Plum Nickel" ;)

That statement (and similar ones, lol) comes to mind when I think of the stupid distractions we allow ourselves to become engrossed in, in our churches.

We are all susceptible to distractions.  So, don't think I'm saying I'm above it, because the good Lord knows how weak I am.

Its just so frustrating and frivolous though, you know?  This life is uncertain, unpredictable, and downright unnerving at times.  To be sure, it is brief and a precious gift from God, the only giver of life.  Even if you don't believe in God or the Bible, you'd have to agree with most of my above statements about life.

I heard just today about a lady that collapsed getting onto a plane, preparing to take a cruise vacation.  No known health problems.  No warning.  Game Over.  This page couldn't hold the volumes of books we'd have if we all shared the similarly true stories we know.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is going through such a loss right now, by the way.  

We know all that, don't we there fellow church folk?  I'm not saying anything new.  Yet, we live like we don't give a crap sometimes.  We complain and cause needless trouble, to the point where the pastor is ready to go to the mission field in Alaska.  The only problem is his wife demands a snuggie if he does that and I REFUSE TO PAY MONEY FOR A BACKWARDS ROBE!

Anyway, I'm sure the Alaskan mission field has its share distractions, too, what with making sure the polar bears don't eat you and all.

I just want to be His hands, feet, voice, etc.  I just want to feed the hungry, clothe the needy, help somebody in His name.  I just want to make a dadgum difference in the temporal and eternal life of a fellow man, woman, boy, or girl!  As many as possible actually!!

I don't want to moderate foolishness.  I don't want to argue about the minutes of a meeting.  I don't want to waste precious time of this precious life, itself a precious gift of God, doing meaningless, menial tasks that wouldn't make a dang bit of difference in the life of a flea, much less a man, woman, boy, or girl!

I know, I know, we all have to do menial tasks we don't really love, etc. etc.  I just don't have to give a..."Plum Nickel" do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment